It depends on how you treat them and if you check and treat everyone that might have them.
Here are the ways to get rid of lice from fastest to slowest.
- Shaving everyone’s head. It’s the fastest, but also very unpleasant.
- Hiring a lice service is the second fastest way to get rid of lice. When we finish your treatment you are lice-free and 100% non-contagious.
- If you can get a doctor’s appointment quickly and a prescription and it works on the first try, you should be lice-free in a week or two.
- Buying a kit and manually combing everyone’s head with a high-quality comb will take you at least two to three weeks to be absolutely sure you are lice free, but you should check once a week afterward to be safe.
- Home remedies are a gamble and may make the problem worse because you will think it’s gone, but it is still there and steadily getting worse as the lice reproduce and spread to more people.